BEAM was the first full Mimblewimble implementation to go live, followed by Grin a couple of weeks later. The protocol for BEAM is written in C++ and expands on the original proposition of Mimblewimble with some additional features. BEAM’s focus is on providing a private store of value, tailored towards a user-friendly approach and a startup mindset.
|Name||Pair||24h BEAM||24h USD||Last check|
|Hotbit||BEAM/BTC||4,227,629||2,000,008||2 hour ago|
|Hotbit||BEAM/ETH||3,237,712||1,490,138||2 hour ago|
|Hotbit||BEAM/USDT||2,658,538||1,231,146||2 hour ago|
|QBTC||BEAM/CNYT||1,413,700||651,627||2 hour ago|
|Bkex||BEAM/USDT||791,375||351,283||2 hour ago|
|MXC||BEAM/ETH||774,860||337,619||23 hour ago|
|QBTC||BEAM/USDT||631,699||284,376||2 hour ago|
|HPX||BEAM/CNYT||313,879||140,303||2 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/USDT||222,712||102,348||2 hour ago|
|Gate.io||BEAM/USDT||187,261||86,218||2 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/BTC||165,636||76,543||2 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/ETH||95,207||43,968||2 hour ago|
|Gate.io||BEAM/BTC||30,291||13,943||2 hour ago|
|Coinsuper||BEAM/BTC||27,375||12,605||2 hour ago|
|CODEX||BEAM/BTC||19,686||9,163||2 hour ago|
BEAM is a next generation confidential cryptocurrency based on an elegant and innovative Mimblewimble protocol.
• Users have complete control over privacy - a user decides which information will be available and to which parties, having complete control over his personal data in accordance to his will and applicable laws.
• Confidentiality without penalty - in BEAM confidential transactions do not cause bloating of the blockchain, avoiding excessive computational overhead or penalty on performance or scalability while completely concealing the transaction value.
• No trusted setup required.
• Blocks are mined using Equihash Proof-of-Work algorithm.
• Limited emission using periodic halving with total amount of coins ~250 million.
• No addresses are stored in the blockchain - no information whatsoever about either the sender or the receiver of a transaction is stored in the blockchain.
• Superior scalability through compact blockchain size - using the “cut-through” feature of Mimblewimble makes the BEAM blockchain orders of magnitude smaller than any other blockchain implementation.
• BEAM supports many transaction types such as escrow transactions, time locked transactions, atomic swaps and more.
• No premine. No ICO. Backed by a treasury, emitted from every block during the first five years
• Implemented from scratch in C++ by a team of professional developers.
|Block time||60 sec|