BEAM was the first full Mimblewimble implementation to go live, followed by Grin a couple of weeks later. The protocol for BEAM is written in C++ and expands on the original proposition of Mimblewimble with some additional features. BEAM’s focus is on providing a private store of value, tailored towards a user-friendly approach and a startup mindset.
|Name||Pair||24h BEAM||24h USD||Last check|
|Hotbit||BEAM/USDT||14,384,433||10,483,985||1 hour ago|
|HPX||BEAM/CNYT||3,234,026||2,405,277||1 hour ago|
|BW.com||BEAM/USDT||2,375,893||1,740,978||1 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/USDT||2,034,176||1,491,660||1 hour ago|
|DragonEx||BEAM/USDT||1,888,420||1,382,639||1 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/BTC||1,638,669||1,206,438||1 hour ago|
|BHEX||BEAM/BTC||1,549,605||1,148,914||1 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/ETH||1,278,584||940,138||1 hour ago|
|XT||BEAM/USDT||1,149,745||848,638||1 hour ago|
|Gate.io||BEAM/USDT||1,131,663||831,515||1 hour ago|
|BigONE||BEAM/USDT||1,116,105||821,984||1 hour ago|
|XT||BEAM/SXC||974,364||718,005||1 hour ago|
|Binance||BEAM/BTC||828,613||603,853||1 hour ago|
|Binance||BEAM/USDT||781,319||571,354||1 hour ago|
|BHEX||BEAM/USDT||657,308||481,160||1 hour ago|
BEAM is a next generation confidential cryptocurrency based on an elegant and innovative Mimblewimble protocol.
• Users have complete control over privacy - a user decides which information will be available and to which parties, having complete control over his personal data in accordance to his will and applicable laws.
• Confidentiality without penalty - in BEAM confidential transactions do not cause bloating of the blockchain, avoiding excessive computational overhead or penalty on performance or scalability while completely concealing the transaction value.
• No trusted setup required.
• Blocks are mined using Equihash Proof-of-Work algorithm.
• Limited emission using periodic halving with total amount of coins ~250 million.
• No addresses are stored in the blockchain - no information whatsoever about either the sender or the receiver of a transaction is stored in the blockchain.
• Superior scalability through compact blockchain size - using the “cut-through” feature of Mimblewimble makes the BEAM blockchain orders of magnitude smaller than any other blockchain implementation.
• BEAM supports many transaction types such as escrow transactions, time locked transactions, atomic swaps and more.
• No premine. No ICO. Backed by a treasury, emitted from every block during the first five years
• Implemented from scratch in C++ by a team of professional developers.
|Block time||60 sec|