BEAM was the first full Mimblewimble implementation to go live, followed by Grin a couple of weeks later. The protocol for BEAM is written in C++ and expands on the original proposition of Mimblewimble with some additional features. BEAM’s focus is on providing a private store of value, tailored towards a user-friendly approach and a startup mindset.
|Name||Pair||24h BEAM||24h USD||Last check|
|BW.com||BEAM/USDT||21,673,367||25,056,886||2 hour ago|
|Hotbit||BEAM/USDT||15,535,427||17,863,297||2 hour ago|
|Hotbit||BEAM/ETH||15,522,632||17,775,086||2 hour ago|
|Hotbit||BEAM/BTC||15,107,550||17,357,347||2 hour ago|
|BW.com||BEAM/ETH||9,814,894||11,161,360||2 hour ago|
|BW.com||BEAM/BTC||9,421,298||10,814,363||2 hour ago|
|HPX||BEAM/CNYT||4,362,790||8,406,284||2 hour ago|
|HPX||BEAM/ETH||2,306,903||3,416,312||2 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/USDT||764,037||881,137||2 hour ago|
|Hotbit||BEAM/HTB||575,470||661,977||2 hour ago|
|QBTC||BEAM/CNYT||267,856||314,524||2 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/BTC||260,760||298,060||2 hour ago|
|Gate.io||BEAM/USDT||178,682||205,660||2 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/ETH||131,635||151,102||2 hour ago|
|BigONE||BEAM/BTC||71,959||82,974||2 hour ago|
BEAM is a next generation confidential cryptocurrency based on an elegant and innovative Mimblewimble protocol.
• Users have complete control over privacy - a user decides which information will be available and to which parties, having complete control over his personal data in accordance to his will and applicable laws.
• Confidentiality without penalty - in BEAM confidential transactions do not cause bloating of the blockchain, avoiding excessive computational overhead or penalty on performance or scalability while completely concealing the transaction value.
• No trusted setup required.
• Blocks are mined using Equihash Proof-of-Work algorithm.
• Limited emission using periodic halving with total amount of coins ~250 million.
• No addresses are stored in the blockchain - no information whatsoever about either the sender or the receiver of a transaction is stored in the blockchain.
• Superior scalability through compact blockchain size - using the “cut-through” feature of Mimblewimble makes the BEAM blockchain orders of magnitude smaller than any other blockchain implementation.
• BEAM supports many transaction types such as escrow transactions, time locked transactions, atomic swaps and more.
• No premine. No ICO. Backed by a treasury, emitted from every block during the first five years
• Implemented from scratch in C++ by a team of professional developers.
|Block time||60 sec|