BEAM was the first full Mimblewimble implementation to go live, followed by Grin a couple of weeks later. The protocol for BEAM is written in C++ and expands on the original proposition of Mimblewimble with some additional features. BEAM’s focus is on providing a private store of value, tailored towards a user-friendly approach and a startup mindset.
|Name||Pair||24h BEAM||24h USD||Last check|
|Hotbit||BEAM/BTC||18,356,483||11,249,782||1 hour ago|
|MXC||BEAM/USDT||3,929,583||2,418,813||1 hour ago|
|Hotbit||BEAM/USDT||3,704,553||2,293,999||1 hour ago|
|Hotbit||BEAM/ETH||3,350,926||2,053,101||1 hour ago|
|DragonEx||BEAM/USDT||2,429,103||1,497,537||1 hour ago|
|Biki||BEAM/USDT||1,245,742||766,193||1 hour ago|
|XT||BEAM/USDT||984,671||607,579||1 hour ago|
|BHEX||BEAM/BTC||757,373||468,071||1 hour ago|
|QBTC||BEAM/BTC||685,425||401,829||1 hour ago|
|BHEX||BEAM/USDT||653,219||401,299||1 hour ago|
|XT||BEAM/SXC||596,531||367,029||1 hour ago|
|QBTC||BEAM/USDT||478,757||279,849||1 hour ago|
|Binance||BEAM/BTC||406,361||248,722||1 hour ago|
|XT||BEAM/BTC||396,243||244,014||1 hour ago|
|BW.com||BEAM/USDT||387,794||238,434||1 hour ago|
BEAM is a next generation confidential cryptocurrency based on an elegant and innovative Mimblewimble protocol.
• Users have complete control over privacy - a user decides which information will be available and to which parties, having complete control over his personal data in accordance to his will and applicable laws.
• Confidentiality without penalty - in BEAM confidential transactions do not cause bloating of the blockchain, avoiding excessive computational overhead or penalty on performance or scalability while completely concealing the transaction value.
• No trusted setup required.
• Blocks are mined using Equihash Proof-of-Work algorithm.
• Limited emission using periodic halving with total amount of coins ~250 million.
• No addresses are stored in the blockchain - no information whatsoever about either the sender or the receiver of a transaction is stored in the blockchain.
• Superior scalability through compact blockchain size - using the “cut-through” feature of Mimblewimble makes the BEAM blockchain orders of magnitude smaller than any other blockchain implementation.
• BEAM supports many transaction types such as escrow transactions, time locked transactions, atomic swaps and more.
• No premine. No ICO. Backed by a treasury, emitted from every block during the first five years
• Implemented from scratch in C++ by a team of professional developers.
|Block time||60 sec|