BEAM was the first full Mimblewimble implementation to go live, followed by Grin a couple of weeks later. The protocol for BEAM is written in C++ and expands on the original proposition of Mimblewimble with some additional features. BEAM’s focus is on providing a private store of value, tailored towards a user-friendly approach and a startup mindset.
|Name||Pair||24h BEAM||24h USD||Last check|
|Hotbit||BEAM/USDT||19,482,685||10,202,768||1 hour ago|
|Hotbit||BEAM/BTC||18,962,866||9,881,286||1 hour ago|
|Hotbit||BEAM/ETH||12,412,295||6,469,946||1 hour ago|
|MXC||BEAM/USDT||6,017,329||3,156,030||1 hour ago|
|DragonEx||BEAM/USDT||2,405,892||1,263,670||1 hour ago|
|BigONE||BEAM/USDT||1,577,712||830,494||1 hour ago|
|XT||BEAM/USDT||1,401,553||739,257||1 hour ago|
|XT||BEAM/SXC||1,239,159||653,171||1 hour ago|
|XT||BEAM/BTC||1,072,954||566,194||1 hour ago|
|BHEX||BEAM/BTC||1,001,093||533,897||1 hour ago|
|QBTC||BEAM/USDT||503,424||265,522||2 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/USDT||497,064||261,836||1 hour ago|
|BHEX||BEAM/USDT||495,003||260,985||1 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/BTC||450,557||236,896||1 hour ago|
|Binance||BEAM/BTC||440,449||231,920||1 hour ago|
BEAM is a next generation confidential cryptocurrency based on an elegant and innovative Mimblewimble protocol.
• Users have complete control over privacy - a user decides which information will be available and to which parties, having complete control over his personal data in accordance to his will and applicable laws.
• Confidentiality without penalty - in BEAM confidential transactions do not cause bloating of the blockchain, avoiding excessive computational overhead or penalty on performance or scalability while completely concealing the transaction value.
• No trusted setup required.
• Blocks are mined using Equihash Proof-of-Work algorithm.
• Limited emission using periodic halving with total amount of coins ~250 million.
• No addresses are stored in the blockchain - no information whatsoever about either the sender or the receiver of a transaction is stored in the blockchain.
• Superior scalability through compact blockchain size - using the “cut-through” feature of Mimblewimble makes the BEAM blockchain orders of magnitude smaller than any other blockchain implementation.
• BEAM supports many transaction types such as escrow transactions, time locked transactions, atomic swaps and more.
• No premine. No ICO. Backed by a treasury, emitted from every block during the first five years
• Implemented from scratch in C++ by a team of professional developers.
|Block time||60 sec|