BEAM was the first full Mimblewimble implementation to go live, followed by Grin a couple of weeks later. The protocol for BEAM is written in C++ and expands on the original proposition of Mimblewimble with some additional features. BEAM’s focus is on providing a private store of value, tailored towards a user-friendly approach and a startup mindset.
|Name||Pair||24h BEAM||24h USD||Last check|
|Hotbit||BEAM/ETH||15,353,941||18,394,122||2 hour ago|
|Hotbit||BEAM/BTC||14,204,738||16,927,790||2 hour ago|
|Hotbit||BEAM/USDT||13,786,263||16,515,978||2 hour ago|
|BW.com||BEAM/USDT||3,200,814||3,825,561||3 hour ago|
|BW.com||BEAM/BTC||2,423,132||2,941,034||3 hour ago|
|Coinsuper||BEAM/USDT||1,693,983||2,021,308||2 hour ago|
|BW.com||BEAM/ETH||549,599||663,555||3 hour ago|
|XT||BEAM/SXC||430,801||516,040||2 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/USDT||391,315||466,525||2 hour ago|
|XT||BEAM/USDT||333,977||399,745||2 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/BTC||333,090||396,020||2 hour ago|
|Bitforex||BEAM/ETH||270,054||322,216||2 hour ago|
|BigONE||BEAM/USDT||262,122||312,812||2 hour ago|
|Gate.io||BEAM/USDT||174,865||208,974||2 hour ago|
|XT||BEAM/BTC||159,755||191,158||2 hour ago|
BEAM is a next generation confidential cryptocurrency based on an elegant and innovative Mimblewimble protocol.
• Users have complete control over privacy - a user decides which information will be available and to which parties, having complete control over his personal data in accordance to his will and applicable laws.
• Confidentiality without penalty - in BEAM confidential transactions do not cause bloating of the blockchain, avoiding excessive computational overhead or penalty on performance or scalability while completely concealing the transaction value.
• No trusted setup required.
• Blocks are mined using Equihash Proof-of-Work algorithm.
• Limited emission using periodic halving with total amount of coins ~250 million.
• No addresses are stored in the blockchain - no information whatsoever about either the sender or the receiver of a transaction is stored in the blockchain.
• Superior scalability through compact blockchain size - using the “cut-through” feature of Mimblewimble makes the BEAM blockchain orders of magnitude smaller than any other blockchain implementation.
• BEAM supports many transaction types such as escrow transactions, time locked transactions, atomic swaps and more.
• No premine. No ICO. Backed by a treasury, emitted from every block during the first five years
• Implemented from scratch in C++ by a team of professional developers.
|Block time||60 sec|